Cuba Street, WellingtonAdd to Cart Download
Named after an early (1840) settler ship to New Zealand, the Cuba, it is to the south of the CBD, but still in the inner city. Cuba Street was once the route of the Wellington trams. Following the removal of the rails, the middle section of the street was closed to traffic in 1969, and is one of the busiest areas of pedestrian activity in Wellington. Since 1995, Cuba Street has been a registered Historic Area under the Historic Places Act 1993, with numerous buildings being of historic significance.
- 656 GW9FW 9626 ps.jpg
- © Robert Catto / www.catto.co.nz
- Image Size
- 3888x2892 / 3.6MB